PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR Breathtest. Update: Captain jailed
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2004, 16:58
Mr Chips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always find it quite incredible to see the reactions to "drunk Pilots" type threads. If you were to read through all the ones we have had, you could believe that all Pilots are saints, who only make on minor transgression ever and don't deserve to lose their jobs. To see people on this thread naming the security gurad, and labelling him "a snitch" for doing his job almost defies belief. There is a hint in Flying Lawyers post that there was some history bewteen the pilot concerend and security. I wonder what the Pilot's reaction would have been to being told that he was suspected of being over the limit - would it have had any effect?

In this case, let us please not lose sight of the fact that not only was this pilot over the limit set for flying, he was over the limit for driving a car. Regardless of what you may think of the aviaition limit, this man clearly had a realtively high level of alchohol in his bloodstream, and had obviously consumed rather a lot the day before - 12 hours is fairly irrelevant if you have drunk lots, especially on an empty stomach. Not, I would suggest, a sensible action.

probably an aspiring PPL with no other qualifications with a chip on his shoulder towards all flight crew,
Funny how anyone who does anything that may affect a professional pilot is always assumed to be "an aspiring PPL"