PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight job ad for Sheffield - anyone applying?
Old 12th Nov 2001, 23:27
Legs11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Cheers Spoonbill, who was it then?

So help me out here.

This was a job interview for Sheffield, carried out by personnel from Liverpool ATC – who quite obviously would know the job requirements inside-out, and at this job interview for Sheffield, development at Finningley was discussed.

All rather baffling.

Also, if the serco contract ends Jan 2002, won’t there need to be a handover period?

What about the terms of notice that those interviewed would have to give to their present employers?

What about MER, and how are they going to get that with 2 schedules a day, 10 hours apart?

What happens if the 2 remaining serco controllers decide not to stay on (I thought they already had)?
Peel have only interviewed 3, and the job needs 4 – if they get the 4 hour dispensation which the current operation has.
Have they already applied for this or are they just expecting to inherit it?

As for Finningley radar done from EGGP, I can’t see how this would be allowed. Sheffield were trying to get it done for themselves by Leeds, Waddington or Humberside, but SRG wouldn’t have it. The best they could come up with was a link from the Leeds head with controllers sat at Sheffield, and even that was only going to get a temporary ok.

All sounds pretty dodgy to me. And to top it all, the interviewees didn't even get into the Tower. Fancy that, didn't even get to see the office .

So the uncertaincy continues...poor old Sheffield