PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight job ad for Sheffield - anyone applying?
Old 12th Nov 2001, 18:52
Spoonbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I know someone who went for interview, as far as they know there were just 3 people interviewed, (2 applied - the other was passing and pulled in off the street ).
The interview panel, (SATCO EGGP and a lady who's role was not clearly defined), made it clear that the role was just for Sheffield, but didnt commit themselves to a decsion about who was going to be offered anything and when because they're waiting for a decision from the 2 remaining SERCO employees to make their minds up about staying or not.
I don't know if any offers have been made yet, I think that rather depends upon how many positions need to be filled, and the SERCO contract doesn't actually finish until the end of Jan 2002.

The operating hours require 4 atco's, adc/apc combined watches, with a four hour dispensation from SRG.
The operator of the Dublin schedule has just pulled out, leaving just Belfast as the only destination during the winter.

When/if the Finningly project gets underway, they'd be in front of non Peel employees for jobs there. No decision has been made about the atc ratings required for Finnningly, but it'll be a minimum of adc/apc with a strong possibility of the radar being done from EGGP.
Is this feasible with the existing equipment at EGGP?
Aerodrome manual is nearly complete, instrument approach procedures have been drawn up, etc.
It seems that Peel have put some £3 million pounds into the public enquiry costs alone, so I guess they're half serious about making it work at Finningly.