PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2004, 20:29
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL

'You do seem to have a certain type of police view, and don't show any signs of being even remotely understanding about the 'other' side. '

Perhaps you didn't see the original comment I made amongst all the hype.

I felt and still do that 6 months is harsh (in respect of the Fin). I see both sides of this, I have no axe to grind against the Fin, nor the pilot sentenced today. I do however belive, as most of the public do that I have a right to travel in safety.

You know as well as I do that any alcohol will impare a person and reduce thier ability to do something in compasison to when they have had nothing to drink.

The term 'criminal' in respect of these 2 is objected to because of an emotional response, had they been any other occupation then it would no doubt be used regualy. That having been said I agree with your 'degrees' of criminal line.

There are many people doing time that have been convicted for offences while trying to do the 'right' thing, so I have never subscribed to the if 'if you can't do the time...' line. But I do feel that if you are in a position of responsibility where safety is a factor over which you have control then you must also accept the consequences if you do it wrong.

On a related note, I have to applaued your client today for allowing you to be so open about the circumstances leading to his conviction. Maybe if more people where like that then those that don't deseve a criminal record could stay out of trouble.