PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR + Reverse Thrust?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2004, 17:44
Geoff565

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR + Reverse Thrust?

Hi All,

First off, my apologies if this isn't in the correct forum i've also had a quick search and I couldn't find anything that answered exact my query, so i thought i'd challenge you lot instead please?.

While in class at Uni today, my lecturer(who works for NATS) mentioned two things that struck me as a little odd.
First off, i wasn't aware that apparently BAA/NATS actually implemented an extended touchdown zone for aircraft at LHR, (i.e further down the runway) is this actually true and if so why would they do this?

Also, apparently, (which I do not agree with) is that Reverse thrust is not supposed to be used when touching down at EGLL? I know that when i come in occasionally from Hol e.t.c we tend to use RTST on touchdown. He said that one, it gives off greater emmissions and that it's not used to comply with noise abatement (which i can understand for AM & late Eve dept's), particularly for older aircraft)

If anyone could give me any info, so I could prove him wrong, i would be most grateful!

Many thanks for your time & effort,
Geoff