PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS to provide at Lulsgate
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2004, 21:29
Turn It Off

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cardiff, Bristol, Filton and Exeter (Flowers 5th airfield believe it or not) all have autonomous primary radar heads, with secondary (for FF,GD & TG) piped in from Clee Hill (TE's comes from Burrington).
Cardiff has its own Secondary head, its a god send when the primary goes down I imagine, the clee cover is pretty poor. Maybe even a burrington feed would be better?? Exeter have it.

As far as people might not be up for relocation. All NATS Members that shoot through the forums will more than likely be aware that anything that is moved to Swanwick also attracts a band 5 pay, rather than a lower band. Who knows what Bristol would be banded. Based on Tower movements i'm guessing three ( Thats assuming NATS WIN the contract ). Thats a fairly hefty increase. Probably even more for any bristol guys and girls that moved to NATS and then subsequently to Swanwick.

I cant see the move to the south coast happening in the short term ( 5 or 6 years ) but longer than that, surely NATS would be foolish not too? Especially with the new course streaming?

Only ideas - what u recon??

TIO

P.S. - Cardiff TRACON???? shocking