PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avoiding staying over Saturday night
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2004, 20:32
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoiding staying over Saturday night

Fellow PPRuNers,

Next summer, I have to visit Israel for my brother's wedding. The wedding is on a Thursday.

Staying in a hot country in the middle of summer really isn't my idea of fun, nor my girlfriend's - not to mention the fact that I can't afford to take any more time off work than absolutely necessary - so we would like to fly out to Israel on the Wednesday, and fly back again on Friday (although not too early).

Problem is, British Airways stick a huge premium on fares to Tel Aviv when you are not staying over a Saturday night, and El Al (the only other airline to fly direct, I think?) are far more expensive, so we are trying to find cheap alternatives. I don't mind connecting somewhere so long as the total journey time isn't ridiculously long.

But I'm not having too much luck so far. The best I can find is to fly Malev, and come back on the Saturday - one day later than I wanted. The journey back, connecting in Budapest, is 8 hours, which isn't too bad, and the price is reasonable - but I'm not sure about the 17 hour journey to Tel Aviv on the Wednesday!

If anyone has any ideas for other airlines who might be able to get me where I need to be, when I need to be, and charge me a sensible price, I'd love to hear from you!

FFF
-------------