PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leg Room
Thread: Leg Room
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2004, 15:54
ManAtTheBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At 6' 1'' a am taller than the average but not excessively tall. I find some cattle class seating uncomfortable.

I often fly Thai because even though they are not the cheapest, and do not offer personal IFE they do offer 34" seats and flights have been full. I have not had occasion to visit the US recently but would have chosen AA if I did for the same reason. However this option is not always available. Moreover the airlines themselves often do not make this information readily avalable.

I appreciate that a sizeable (in number) part of the population are happy with 'normal' pitch seats and a part of the population would be happy with smaller seats.

I agree with others who say that they are willing to pay a little more to accomodate their larger than average height selfs, but who, buying their own ticket, cannot justify Business or Premium economy.

On a large aircraft such as A330, B747 or B777, could there not be Economy S, Economy M and Economy L, with, if 31" were standard, then a few rows of 28" and a similar number of 34" rows of seats. Fares could be either 10% cheaper or more expensive based upon real fares.

Last edited by ManAtTheBack; 6th Dec 2004 at 17:10.