PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easiest £35,000 I ever borrowed
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2004, 09:44
scallaghan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with the above comment. Best save cash.

Also someone mentioned if they visited a HSBC brancn in Sussex.

I live in West Sussex and when I was investigating the bank financing visited a local HSBC. I didnt find them that helpful, the member of staff I met was not aware of any scheme's for pilots had to make several phone calls to a head office.

Personally I am saving at work, hour building when possible and studying in the evenings for those modular ATPL exams.

Trying to avoid the bank

The question I have is whether it is really worth going from a PPL to f/ATPL. Reason I ask this is I see many flying instructors from a few years ago wanting airline work but not able to get it and not getting paid a great deal of cash.

If its about flying you enjoy, perhaps a PPL, IMC rating and a share in a PFA plane is the way to go. Personally I am border line at present but thought I would make that decision after seeing how I get on with the ATPL exams and reviewing the situation then.

Also I saw the chap in one of the above threads is also near Shoreham. I believe EFT (European Flight Training) are running out of that airport. I heard they are starting up U.K side CPL and IR training. I know at the moment some of their students from the U.S side finish their IR at Shoreham in the sim and last few hours in a twin.

I was considering using them to do my whole IR training here in the U.K and live nearby so I didnt to live down in Bournemouth.

I believe they take some of their students over to France for approaches and also down the Bournemouth.