PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 5th Dec 2004, 00:23
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
What a great film. Thoroughly recommended. Elastigirl, Grrrr and Mr. Incredible doesn't make some of us feel so bad about 'middle aged spread'. (bring it on!)

As promised the pics, I've kindly refused my hosts offer of a 'wee' dram, as I saw the olympian size of his shot glasses!

On leaving Llanbedr, I saw a wonderful photo opportunity with the high cloud and clear morning air, so radioed a friend to take a snap of a flypast from Snowdons peak. Unfortunately, he was slightly distracted, on such a cold morning, by the walker in just a t-shirt.

Despite the lost opportunity a clearerer pic was made going down the other side.

Blackpool was apleasant site, and as the pleasure beach was not at full swing just then, I took the chance to try out 'The Big One' .

Again the departure made a more, 'pleasing on the stomach' pic. Hope I didn't frighten the donkeys !

I decided that brunch may be good at Liverpool, but on closer investigation of the parking area, I decided to give it a miss!

On passing Fort William I decided to venture further up to Fort Augustus, named after the Roman Emporer, and a little up Loch Ness. I'm sure I caught something out of the corner of my eye.

With the light fading, I pressed on, I managed to persevere to make John O'Groats with time to spare I reckoned, to carry on through to Inverness.

And it seems I reckoned right.
I'm now looking forward to a nice comfie nights sleep under a slate roof as opposed to canvas and with a reasonable start time in the morning, should be able to make Dishforth by the beginning of Songs of Praise.

Bless you all,

SS