PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lets Fly Jetstar!
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2004, 08:15
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jupiter2 -
It will be a QantasLink onboard product - including a reconfiguration to the old QFLink 115Y with extra cart units down the back etc etc. ??

Cabin Crew operating a QantasLink 717 flight will wear the QantasLink uniform, surely. Unless of course the CEO and Head of Customer Service are both wrong? Why would Cabin Crew not wear the QFLink uniform when offering that product? I am sure the customers would have a thing or two to say. And from all accounts QFLink has some fairly important contracts where having upset customers would be the last thing they need. From what I hear most flying ex PER and DRW will be dedicated to the QFLink operation anyway.

SkySista -
JQ are saying they have it nailed. NJS are saying they have it nailed. It is definately a close race.

Doesn't the parent company of NJS (is it FRA Aviation?) have a preference toward contract charters and freight (ie. they don't like Airline Ops)? I remember reading that when they bought NJS.

NJS has certainly had a great relationship with QF and they have proven themselves to be an excellent operator. Also if QF give them the 717 it is NJS that will have to pay for the endoresments for pilots and training. NJS have crew and maintainence facilities set up already. Although NJS will have to get the 717 on their AOC and train staff etc. and set up maintainence infrustructures for a a/c type EXTREMELY different to what they operate now. No easy feat by any stretch and a very costly one, I am sure.

On the flipside... JQ is wholly owned meaning the 717 operation will contribute $18M anually to the QF Group bottom line. Obviously JQ have the only knowledge of 717 operations in the region and have the type already on their AOC. It would be a much more seemless transition. Also JQ is keen to set up a base in PER regardless. Although would the QF Group prefer JQ to focus on LCC type flying and the A320s?

We shall all soon see. I have never picked what Qantas will decide with these sort of things. It will sure be interesting to see who they choose to operate the 717 and why.

I want to head up the DRW base! Please oh please let's get the 717 flying. I would happily give up Career Progression to do 717 QFLink flying ex-DRW. That would be heaven.

Last edited by ditzyboy; 5th Dec 2004 at 02:28.