PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Minimum ROD
Thread: Minimum ROD
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 01:40
Scott Voigt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Actually my response was the 500 fpm that was mentioned in the first post. That is more in the order of a float down... 1500 fpm I have no problem with what so ever. If I need more I will say so. If I ask what the rate of decsent is I ask for what you are doing NOW! If I need more I will ask for it, if I don't I leave you alone. Your mode C doesn't always show up on our display and when it does it shows up every 10 second in the enroute places here...

Now as to getting into the bit about piloting or controlling <G>. I don't know if you really want to go there yet <BG>. There are a LOT of UAVs out there right now. If the airlines thought that they could get away with it, y'all would be gone <G>... As of now, there is NOTHING out there that can replace the human for ATC. They have tried a LOT of computer solutions and none of them have worked yet. To many variables to consider for a computer or a program to get it right. The only way that it would work today is if all of you stayed on your route AND there were no deviations at all.

All of this said light hearted. I too am a pilot with instrument, commercial and multi ratings, so I do know what you are doing up there <G>. I also spend a bit of time at SimuFlite teaching some of the instructors stuff and spending time in the jet sims...

regards