PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obeying requests when on a FIS
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2004, 07:18
Evil J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit that the situation at the certain Highland Airport is ridiculous. To the point now that even though I am an ATCO and sympathise with the problems that the certain Mil unit has they do take the pee a lot of the time.

Transiting south of the range once I was aked (by the range) my altitude, to which I think I said 3.2A or similar, was then transfered back to tp the LARS freq, meantime I had climbed to 4.2 to avoid a ridge by a little more and was bo@*cked by the LARS unit for apparantly going above "my cleared level". To which I replied that no such level was imposed nor would it have been accepted had they tried to iompose one!!

Similarly going north one afternoon, VFR quite high I was TOLD "not below x altitiude" do range traffic inbound. To which I replied that most of Scotland was closed to allow protection of the Mil traffic, I was staying out of the closed airpspace they should stay inside the closed airspace as that's what its for <i know I'm probably gonna get some stick for that one but I was visual with the FJ traffic>

i know as an ATCO that you need to engender the good will of GA pilots in the FIR if you want/need their help and I'm afraid when I "turn poacher" up there they have lost my good will by consistent inappropriate controlling-IMHO anyway.

The civvie radar and CAS can't come soon enough