PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 3rd Dec 2004, 21:45
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
I feel honoured Slobadan that you have taken the time to become a member of PPRuNe in order to post that.

Anyway, you'll be glad to hear that I finally made it up the coast and into sunny Wales. The weather was a bit at times, but as long as I could see the white horses below me, I knew that it was OK.

At Tintagel, I had to come inshore a bit, much to the surprise of the remaining grokles on their way to King Arthurs castle.

Remembering my memo to self, I followed the coast N Easterly until reaching the bridges, then turned left to cross the Severn, remembering the right hand rule of course.

With a good wind behind me, too many beans for breakfast , I made good progress to Cardiff where a civic reception was awaiting me. On the menu was Meat (I suspect Lamb) and 2 veg (parsnips and carrots). All washed down by Bacardi and Cokes which of course I declined and just kept to the Pepsi
As I departed, I heard the party move off to a local village named 'Llandewi Breffi'.

After a further 2 hours in the 'saddle', I was starting to chafe, must be the sea air However I finally made Llanbedr as the sun kissed the horizon and sizzled a little.

Being Friday, of course it was shut, so the tent is back out and the Trangia is doing its stuff.

V.Early start tomorrow, to push as far North as possible. I would plan to stop at Carlisle, but as the football team is away at Bournemouth I'll pass on through. Shame, I could have done with the laugh.

If I make Kinloss by Sunset, I'll press on to Jo'G.

SS