PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building (General & UK)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2004, 14:19
scallaghan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I regard it as a rating that is used to get you home and not to use as a way of flying on a bad weather day.

I was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea considering I will properly end up doing my IR later and I was hoping this would be a good start for that and if I get caught by the weather here.

At the moment I have the class 1 medical, studying a modular ground school course and am flying PA28's and PA28 Arrow.

The other problem is hour building, I was in the U.S recently and decided not to use a school for hour building as I wasn't happy.

So now while doing the ground school at home in the evenings, I am trying to go flying when I can during the week or weekends.

With the cost of U.K hiring etc; I am contacting as many people I know, flying groups and placing adverts to try and fly their aircraft rather then using the school's aircraft as their rates are too expensive.

While doing the above, saving cash for the CPL/ME and IR courses, I might have to go abroad to finish my hour building but will not use the U.S for that.

Thanks for information

Sean