PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2004, 14:18
scientifics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If telling the truth is throwing personal insults then fine. I can not actually see where I have insulted anyone on my last post, I have not called anyone any names. I have my opinion and you have yours, you are wrong though.

I will tell you something else many of you don't know.

You can get hold of the Compass Test and PILAPT if you know the right people and believe me people have who have passed CTC's selection have used it! FACT. This whole illusion that you can't prepare for the tests is utter b*ll*cks. I have consistently been able to improve my score on a friend of a friends PILAPT and Advanced COMPASS test just to see if I could. It's just like playing a computer game the more you practise the better you become at it.

If you want to help yourselves improve your maths then buy the Trachtenberg (Spelling) book of speed mathematics and practise, in less than 1 hour you will be able to do 1548 X 896 in about 20 seconds in your head.

If you want help with other tests there is a book that was brought out to help US airforce pilot wannabees I can't remember the name but you can buy it from amazon.com. Two of the tests in this book have been 'allegedly' pillaged and put straight into the Advanced Compass test ( the one with the headings) and the "an aircraft flies at 800 knots" etc bullshi* questions. I kid you not those questions are identical, the book even shows you how to answer them.

As for the sim check you can pay £100 to ride in exactly the same sim or very similar elsewhere for a few hours. I won't say where but I know people who have, use you initiative if you really want it.

I can't help you with the interview, you are on your own for that one.

You can also buy the sim software for a few pounds, illegally of course. There are so many Malaysian and Chinese websites selling this stuff it's unbeliveable.

"This is a Fictitious post as we live in Fictitious times. This post is 100% made up and is false in every sense. This post does not reflect the views of the author"