PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Aero Club
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2004, 23:11
dde0apb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep hoping in the back of my mind that someone is going to come up with a 'cunning plan' next Wednesday but in reality I'm not convinced that will happen - we may have gone too far to change things now.
I suspect all may not be lost. Flying seems to attract entrepreneurs, and once the dust has settled, if administration really is where this is going, there will still be planes, and there will still be people in the North East wanting to fly.

I suspect someone will make the administrators an offer for some planes: not all; UZ, WK and RT if they're feeling cheap and IF, JV and RH if they want youth (or it may just go on engine hours) and set up a fixed wing flying school again.

What will be missing is the "club" bit, but maybe if all the bickering stops, and someone runs the flying bit for profit, and as a business, then putting in some social facilities to encourage more people to spend money on his aeroplanes will make business sense. They could even call it Newcastle Aero Club....

It would be nice to think the name lives on.

BTW, the club owns the Norton Griffiths Trophy which is at Northern Goldsmiths, and since my grandfather won it twice I'm interested in what happens to it!

And indeed even as I was writing this, the news about the White Knight was being posted....