PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot arrested at Manchester (merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2004, 20:47
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old King Coal

No one has said he was p***ed. The offence is working while being oer a prescribed limit. The papers may have made that suggestion, however the courts don't judge on waht the papers report. He pleaded guilty, something which is to his credit (although really there was not much option). But at the end of the day he knew the rules, he was in a position of responibilty and he broke them. End of story!

I think if you asked passengers if they would rather fly with a pilot who has drink nothing and one who's had a couple of pints you may find thier opinons differ from yours.

Deaths caused by drivers who have been drinking? I am sorry but your information is wrong. Most deaths caused by drivers who have been drinking are not the result of drivers been bladdered, more those that are above the driving prescribed limit. And on that subject I speak from dealing with them, not being related to the victim.

I have no idea bow many people were killed in high speed car chases, nor do I know how many would have died if a Police car hadn't been present. In relation to the number of chases and the number of miles driven by Police in any year I think you will find the number to be very very very low. However I am at a loss as to the relevence of your question.

Police drivers are subject the the same law as you are, and when they screw it up and are convicted they suffer much harsher penelties than mr avarage. That is probably right and proper afterall they are in a position of resposibility and should know better, like pilots really