PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2004, 08:52
John Purdey

CHINOOK

ArkRoyal
Questioning my credentials ..'if you ever did any (ie low flying)', is no answer. If you recall our earlier exchanges, much if not most of my 4000 hrs was at LL or VLL.
You seem to think that the 'lines on maps' are of little relevance, but that is the evidence we have and that you choose to ignore (because of course it is inconvenient).
It is of course quite posible that the crew might have intended to cut the corner, but in that case the aircraft would have been even further to the left and thus even further displaced from where it actually inpacted. How do you explain that? The only explanation that fits the facts is that the crew mistook the fog signal compound for the lighthouse compound; this would have led them to believe that they were over 500 yds to the left of where they actually were.
As for your questions, you asked me to challenge anything you had said, and I say again that Holbrook's evidence was contradictory as to just what he could make out and when, and whether you were present or not when he gave it is yet another red herring.
JP