PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leg Room
Thread: Leg Room
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2004, 22:54
JamesT73J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think people do not understand exactly what it's like to be tall when it comes to passenger aircraft seating - it is seriously, seriously difficult with certain airlines. Believe me, you know what you're getting into, and you'll put up with most things.

I love flying, but I have limits to what I will tolerate. At 6'3", I understand that I will not enjoy the comfort a shorter person might experience. When travelling to Malaga recently, I encountered for the first time Britannia's high density seating. That's a 28-inch pitch. My knees were pushed firmly into the armrest hinges of the seat in front, and my buttocks were planted well into the fold of the seat. I could not move - where the seating structure flexed, I felt it through my knees. When the child in front shifted his weight, I felt it through my knees. It was a two hour flight, and I was never so pleased to get off an aircraft.

A recent flight on a BMI Fokker 100 provided the most legroom I've ever experienced in my life. Pure bliss. I understand the airlines need to survive, but please be reasonable.