PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New FAA to JAA conversion rules?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2004, 18:24
DUAL RATED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LostConcern i think you missed the point, ive already sat the exams and been flying g reg stuff for 10years but on helis,so an abreviated paper for heli pilots crossing over would be better than starting all over again.

Most of the corperate world is Caymen, Bermudan Aruban N or mostly something other than JAA alot are for tax reasons for the owners.im not really interested in the airlines, so i keep kicking myself for thinking i need to convert. i know people that have both JAA and FAA and its the FAA ticket that gets used the most.

i am amazed that there are 10000hr guys flying out there like you say, not knowing what they are doing.how did they get the jobs in the first place? i would also blame the operator in that case for hiring them!

Im not looking for an easy solution to the conversion but one that makes more logical common sense.

PS
i did here one that if you had 1500pic on a type of more than 30 tonnes you could get a JAA licence issued, anyone heard that one?

the problem is it has to be on AOC work! which i cant understand. whats the difference betwwen one GV flying round the world and another that is on an AOC except that they maybe better at doing the extra paperwork involved