PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2004, 07:51
steve181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunfish good luck with your upcoming PPL flight test, and to everyone else with solos etc etc. I passed my C.P.L flight test last week, and a month before that my MEIR flight test. I was relaxed about my cpl flight test, because now i'm used to the testing environment, but when i sat my PPL i was a complete and utter mess, i couldent physically hold my food down so i had to sit the test without lunch. But once the test was underway all my nerves went away, and i focused on the job in hand.

Just after takeoff in my MEIR flight test, due to the high workload at this time and the impending simulated engine failure i failed to notice the aircraft was cronically out of balance, and the examiner literally yelled at me to sort it out. Instead of going "oh i've failed", and fixating on my mistake i went 110% throughout the test, forgeting about the incident, and it turned out my test was almost faultless apart from that incident. So the moral is no matter what you do in the test go 110% throughout regardless, you've always past the test untill the examiner says otherwise!