PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magazines - Important - Sales vs. Editorial
Old 30th Nov 2004, 11:30
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect to the personal and background politics here is my take on how this thread has went so far:

I start it up, suggesting the practices I've came across in the publishing industry and how I'd be surprised if they weren't carried through to the flying industry.

Few posts, general agreement

Send Clowns has a go, claims I'm in no position to say what I did and I was fundamentally wrong.

Few posts, saying they didn't agree with him.

I suggest that Send Clowns might have an axe to grind with me becasue I had disaplined him in another thread I started.

Send Clowns get upset (and rightly so as it turns out as I got this one bit of my argument wrong) but melodrama sets in.

I decide to research my claim more rigorously and discover I was wrong in my acusation regarding his post in another thread and I apologise and publish that apology. Correct me if I'm wrong Moerators, as common on here as pigs flying or people refering to the "IMPORTANT - Please Read First" Thread at the top of the forum.

Scroggs and Genghis - I felt the need to post the reply on the forum rather than by email as I admitted I had a mistake and I needed to ensure that everyone reading the thread didn't associate the particular claim with Send Clowns. It just wasn't fair on him.

Out of about 26/27 posts on here I think there are 6/7 of merit, the rest have been embroiled in a tangent which I must admit I was partially guilty of as after reading his posts was like a red rag to a bull.