PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vs075 27/11/04
Thread: Vs075 27/11/04
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2004, 19:05
atlantaengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok lets get this sorted from the horses mouth so to speak.

Firstly, rookie you have asked and explained in your post a clear question you would like answered.

Secondley, vont phood the rookie asked and i quote "As a PPL I was obviously following things as they progressed and was wondering what had happened."

Where did "sounds like the crew followed procedures and landed safely back at MAN" come from? He knew that because he was on the plane!!
He merely, and shoot me down rookie if i'm wrong, wanted someone that knew more to give a detailed answer to the exact cause etc......etc. Not brief us on the emergency procedures blah....blah....blah.

Anyway, as i was on shift that day i'll try and help you out a little.
After the a/c taxied onto stand it was found that the panel on the edge of the wing which allows access/maintenance to the nav light and radio antenna had come open due to the two locking latches opening on takeoff. These latches although not locking the panel down managed to hold and the panel stayed attached to the wing and caused no immediate danger, and as said earlier the panel did not come off completley.

Incidentley If you look at the link posted by our friend J Class you may notice that the top section of the tail plane is painted white, this is due to an acccident 2 weeks ago when the a/c was being towed into the MYT hangar at manchester and the tail struck the roof! A 1ft deep and complete length of the tail had to be replaced.

Can this answer the question? Lets all read carefully and hold our breath!!!

Hobie,

The panel was small, light and most importantly did not fall off!