PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone give me some advice?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2004, 15:47
Lightheart

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone give me some advice?

I'm 37 years old. Have no flying experience. Have spent my adult life in the marketing/business corporate environment.

I believe that whatever our heart/soul "wishes" we should aim for. Not only do I believe it, but I practice it. Had a "wish" five years ago to move to another country, and learn a new language. I did it.

Then two ago I wanted to leave the corporate world and have my own business, so I established a gym from scratch (it took me two years to achieve).

But now I'm at a crossroads in my life. I have but one unfulfilled "wish". To become a professional pilot. Everytime I board a plane I always think back to when I was a boy wanting to be a pilot.

I sold my business and have the funds to pay for my ATPL. However, this is the money that I would use to buy a home for me and my future wife.

My question. Is it realistic to train myself and by the time I'm 39/40 be a viable candidate for employment? As you can appreciate it would probably be the biggest decision I'll ever have to take, taking into consideration my circumstances. I like to throw caution to the wind, but at my age one has to be realistic.

Would be very grateful for your opinions.
Thank you.