PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bacx -> Ba
Thread: Bacx -> Ba
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2004, 10:05
Captain Correlli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing to add really to what skery has put. I totally agree about the radar plot, that was really quite difficult. Even with experience in a former life of watching a PPI, I found it tricky, and wouldn't like to say what my score may have been. As regards qus I DID get asked about BA, but fairly general, ie how many fleets, what kind of route/aircraft combo, which routes/aircraft had the best load factor/seat/km/gbp etc.
I got the interview usual "why BA" question, about which I perjured myself, high standards, professionalism, etc etc, hope my nose didn't grow too much. A couple of minor technical qus, eg, "in the descent what happens to the actual mach number and the critical mach number" , very vague, so I woffled for quite a while. They wanted to know what I thought the effect of EASA would be on BA. They talked a bit about my own history, etc, oblique references to BACX, but more on why I wanted to leave rather than what I thought of its management. Also got the qus that skery mentioned, particularly the standard HR things about "give me an example of when you were promoted/of when you weren't promoted and what did you feel about that". Also an example of trying to influence a situation or group, and again, feelings after succeeding and after not succeeding.
Overall, it was pretty friendly, but I have to say writing this down has made me remember bits in more detail - I hate interviews, I think I am going to expect the worst and hope the best. There was no-one else I knew from BACX there on the day.