PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bacx -> Ba
Thread: Bacx -> Ba
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2004, 09:34
skery1a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
round'

i have been to the interview at cranebank.
i suggest you read the wannabes section,there is a post
which explains in detail what to expect, it's very accurate
and that includes the carparking.

there were 10 of us,split in two groups,for group excersise,
yes we still have to do that aswell.

after that, some went straight to interview, others did various other tasks. i finished by 1600.

the interview itself is nothing i have ever experience before.
there was one pilot and one hr person.

they seemed to be reading there questions of a laminate.
pilot started with questions after 25mins they swapped over.

they didn't ask any personal questions at all,like
tell us something about you?
no questions about ba,like what do you know about ba,or business plan or anything like it
nothing about bacx.
we are not worth mentioning!
all the questions i was asked ,were give me an example when you
influenced others
applied crm
define crm
and so on
they want you to give them real life scenarios.
wasn't asked any technical question at all.
the verbal and numeric tests are from shl, so i suggest you go on there website and do lots of practice,it's statements with true,false, can't say . numbers like on test battery example 6.
on micro pad test lots subtractions like 845-56=752, true or false.

the test everybody seemed to be struggling with ,was the one with the radar screen.they show you a radar screen, with,N,E,S,W
and range rings 10,20,30. the radar screen goes and you have to remember where everything is.
then they give you 4 moves one after another,can't write it down you have to remember,like, 10N,20E,25S,10W.
don't forget you start in the middle. once you have been through all four instructions you have to use the joystick ,and now comes the gotcha,because they didn't ask where you are but where the airfield is, if you place it where the directions took you, you are out by 180 degrees .
i suggest you go the other way,like the instruction is 10N,go 10S
and so on.
there was a q&a session at lunchtime, was more like how brilliant ba is. one thing stood out, 777 works hard,now that's hard in ba terms, his words not mine! but the poor things have 14 to 15 days a month off.
hope that helps and by the way ,a flight manager told me, ba had 60 applications by last week from bacx.
good luck