PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - National Day of Inaction this weekend, Who is in?
Old 27th Nov 2004, 21:38
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
returned from a lovely flight YHOX- Temora- YHOX smmoth as silk above the inversion layer! but that last 200 ft into temora was, well, interesting! i dont believe i have ever seen so many bug hits on an aircraft in my life, almost the entire leading edges were yellow from locust guts! add with that a little moisture from cloud approaching YHOX and you have yourself some very interesting slipstream effects without the wind tunnel inks!

With reguards to the national day of action, NO ONE i talked to at YHOX knew what i was talking about! yes, hoxton was unusually busy, but then again, it was brilliant flying weather! If the extra air traffic was a result of the national day of whatever, all it did was remind me what it was like to fly 10 yrs ago, when there was 5 aircraft in the circuit and a constant stream of aircraft approaching and departing It was a flashback to the good ole days where there were plenty of students and a lot more people flying for FUN!