PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting my ATPL in the USA........
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2004, 12:22
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In answer to both questions, I'll do the easy one first,

I'd also like to add, Seosamh paid for my SEVIS and M-1 Visa application
Secondly, with respect to MEI's post, from reading numerous posts on here I generally get the impression the JAA PPL is regarded in higher esteem. Now that be because that the majority of people using this forum are form JAA countries and ultimately want to fly in European airspace.

I gather that the American's are much more reliant on the skill of the pilot and his/her aptitude, it seems a lot more of their training is practical flying then worry about the exams later, where as in JAA circles there seems to be a fair regard for understanding the theory first then and only then let out into an aircraft. Please nobody jump down my throat and take this comment literally, its a generalisation.

As for my hours building, I've been guaranteed that I will have over 1,500 hours by the end of the course, my ATPL will still be frozen of course (for those new to the forum, 500 hours have to be Multi-Crew hours). Also this school seems to do things a little unconventionally compared to some of the hard nosed established schools and I'm pretty sure I won't be let down.

In terms of luck, thanks for the sentiment, I'm sure I will need it with passing my exams and mastering flying, however I'm pretty sure I won't need any "rub of the green" when it comes to my choice of school and program. I'm very confident I've made the right choice.

Stephen