PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QR limits
Thread: QR limits
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2004, 08:53
Crusty Ol Cap'n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know whether you guys are living in the same world as I do! I fly 330s for QR and this month I have 75 hours rostered. That is the toughest month in the last 4 months. For a few months last winter 90+ hours per month were not unknown but crewing is OK now, plus the JAA flight time limitations have been adopted.

8 hrs turnaround in Manila is bulls**t. The QCAA regs require a minimum of 10 hours IN A HOTEL ROOM. Never in my time with QR have I ever been asked to do anything that comes close to breaching the FTRs.

Virtually nothing in the above posts comes close to the truth. I suspect they are from disaffected staff or people who do not know their regs. Both groups are well represented in the company.

CRM in QR? It is certainly the objective of the Flt Ops department and a great deal of time is spent on it. Unfortunately it has yet to become an every day part of the airlines culture. When company communications improve, senior management publicly adopt the principles of CRM and the CCMs give up their back stabbing and reporting then it might have a chance.

This is a young airline with great potential but, given its age, it can not be expected to exactly mirror a well established airline. Give them time and they will get there.