PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wheels up landing in Rockhampton
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 22:28
Baron Captain ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say this again!!

To all the WOOD-DUCKS!!! out there

I am surprised that you tossers tanker fuel everywhere incase of the runway being blocked....

I'm surprised you have made it in the industry as its just not commercial sense to tanker fuel.....

Whats wrong with say using enroute aerodromes as back-ups..??

i.e.... If lets say a Metro or a baron was flying from Brissy to Rocky, then whats wrong with stopping in at HBA,BUD,GLA etc etc
Without carrying anymore fuel than already required.... If it happens whilst enroute then this works ok, but if it happens to be blocked on your final approach to land, then its as rare as rocking horse **** as rare as getting a failure at V1...
Or similar to going past ya PNR.....

So again I say calling all WOOD-DUCKS

Whats this got to do with a Metro incident at Rockhampton post anyway..... If you wanna talk about tankering fuel, then start another Post..

As for practising V1 cuts in the simulator every 6 months.. Well I never mentioned anything about this...But I happen to agree that it is a good idea!..But again its getting off the subject of this post...

Capn Bloggs:- I don't have house insurance...

JAMAIR:- And maybe I am a pimple faced wally that is 16...... At least I'm getting more sex than you!!!...