PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which country for training?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 19:45
NickLappos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come to the US, where you train at half the cost, take the chance. Why? Because that's the way the world works. You don't get more for your hard earned money in Eurpoe or the UK, you just pay more.

Don't believe the myth that an FAA test is not a real test. Half the flying machines on the planet are being used daily by we "substandard" pilots, at accident rates that are at least the same as Europe and the UK. There is a reason why the US has twice the number of hours, pilots and aircraft per unit population.

I can't understand why someone in the UK would balk at the idea of living in a hotel in Florida for 1.5 years with like minded people, get a whole slew of flying certificates, stand in the running for CFI jobs in the US, and still pay half what it would cost in the UK!

You want guarantees in your career? Learn to be an Undertaker, there is always work. You want to be a professional pilot? Take the plunge! SASless and I volunteered for Vietnam as the price we paid for pilot training. 18 months in Vero Beach is a lot more to my current liking!