PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will MY-TRAVEL go Bust ? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 08:07
Dogs_ears_up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions

Please see below some questions I have about MT's situation. I have a basic understanding of matters financial, and therefore may be missing something obvious. If anyone can answer the questions, many thanks.

This is not an attack on MT, or staff - there is no hidden agenda: It is simply a request for information.
  • If I understand correctly, there is a chance that major Bondholders will appeal the decision, and might even take a view that a "suicide" option is acceptable, as a deterrent to the repeat of MT's actions by other companies in the future. Is this a realistic possibility?
  • I have heard that some MT Directors stand to benefit personally from the restructuring: I do not know enough about finance to be able to tell whether or not this is just business as usual, or is exceptional. Can anyone comment?
  • If I understand correctly, once the restructuring is complete, the Banks will recoup their losses once the share price has risen sufficiently. Is anyone able to advise as to a theoretical share price required for this to happen (although we may not yet know what the final total number of shares in circulation will be).