PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA MD82 Landing Incident?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2004, 05:08
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411A

i am trying to figure out how to scan something in to this website,

but I have the training materials from AAMP infront of me right here and the only thing it says about rudders is COORDINATED rudder.

So you are WAY off base in saying Sten was taught to do that. THe A300 has a KNOWN problems with oversensitivity of the rudder that is unique throughout aviation. Though a POI may be INDUCED by a pilot's action, that doesn't make it the pilots fault. It is a DESIGN problem that should have been corected after the several other airlines had their POIs as well. (and none of those airlines when through AAMP, so you can't blame it on that class)

Someone else did hit the nail on the head about standarization. American has been bowing before that false god for a VERY long time. While it is important to be standard within a fleet it is neither desireable nor smart to standarize procedures across disimilar fleets, and that is something American tries to do.

Standardizing disimiliar aircraft leads to bringing VERY bad habits and assumptions from one aircraft to another where they are not appropriate.

AA is not the first airline to do that, nor the last, several European carriers that I worked for exhibited similar problems.

Cheers
Wino