PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS cutbacks begin
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2001, 15:23
Spoonbill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Earlier this year I was on a course with some NATS operational atcos, I could only claim for actual expenses incurred, whilst they were busy worrying about spending the total of one allowance and offsetting it against another allowance, whilst combining the resultant figure with the square root of the accomodation allowance.
Believe me guys, it's a lot easier when you can only claim for what you spend.
OK, you are under defined limitations and you don't make any money, (my employers have fairly logical expectations of the costs incurred, and even allow for ale ), but you come out of it clean, and you don't have to constantly worry about exceeding allowances.
That said, I'm sure that TAG are more concerned about waste at management level, rather than operational.
Perhaps if they imposed the mandatory use of budget airlines, and the use new technology to communicate with one another, the management may think twice about the real need to spend nights away and travel vast distances for "get - togethers".
JustinFam' flights still incur expenses for the individual, and perhaps a nominal sum for the issue of an air ticket, although why anyone would want to stop such invaluable liason is totally beyond me.
Bexhill Sorry mate, the sugar budget was the first to get the chop, although I do know a good source of rasberry jam if you're interested