PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will MY-TRAVEL go Bust ? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2004, 22:20
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Growbag

We have just risen from the ashes and will become a very strong force in the market once more I believe! It was not so long ago First Choice was close to going under and I suspect others will come close over the next few years. Unlike you I hope they all survive and evolve. MYT has won a second chance by transforming it's business, it will continue evolve or fail, as will any other tour operators who do not adapt to the changing market place. You speak of our customers as the bottom end of the market; they are just hard working people who are looking for a good cheap holiday for their families. They are the back bone of the mass Tour Industry customer base who have paid your mortgage for the last twenty five years, you might want to show them a little more respect!

Do you think you have the market on having worked for failed airlines? Your right of course MYT should have gone to the wall! I am glad that the former directors did not get to ruin the lives of twenty thousand employees. I am very sorry that some of the directors responsible for this mess have found employment with other operators; I really hope none of them are working for your employer!

MYT is still here for several reasons; it owed enough money that the Banks could not allow it to fold. The Banks now stand a good chance of recovering their money. You could be right about the Tony Blair link, having AA as our accountants may well have helped our case as well as the size of the debt! But the main reason it is here is due the the hard work of it's staff and new board.

As for being a parasite! Grow up the company was fighting for survival like many others and the Banks were trying to avoid losing their shareholders and investors money. The sentiment you find a fiction may be lacking on your flight deck but MYT has always been a great place to work because of the people. So I for one make no apology for being a little sentimental about this company.

Out of interest do you think blocking aircraft out of spite is the act of a professional aviator? You sound like a very bitter little man; you have my sympathy for whatever has made you such a twisted individual! The flight deck is no place for that sort of attitude perhaps you should consider your suitability for the job if you can't leave your bitterness on the ground! Your attitude does neither you nor your employer any credit

Last edited by spy; 25th Nov 2004 at 22:30.