PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A positive approach to NERC and the future
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 22:12
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Roger Out..

Yes you're right of course, not everybody has a PC or even access to one. Then again, isn't a prerequisite of many degree courses now that you have a PC? Many Uni's and higher education authorities do offer loan machines. Perhaps students should be "encouraged" to get one (with NATS help) before starting at CATC.

NATS has basic PC's spare at most units. All they have to be able to do is run AcroBat reader and be attached to a cheapo printer.

As for the preference for reading from a book rather than a screen, well I haven't read too many novels off a PC tube either, a paperback makes far more sense. I guess you could always print out the pages you actually need, nobody uses the whole book at once and if it's just for reference then surely a CD ROM is ideal.

Another solution is one I think they used to use in Canada. Documents like the AIP were printed on really cheap low quality recycled paper every month. They were amended weekly by sticking a gummed "changes" page on the front, and monthly by binning the whole thing and picking up the latest version, again on cheap low quality recycled paper.

Rgds BEX