PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A positive approach to NERC and the future
Old 17th Aug 2001, 22:59
BEXIL160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Flying Piglet..

This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with New Horizons /New Dawn etc. I don't think that either project has much credibility amongst the Operational staff and should be binned forthwith. The reason I started this off was an effort to look to the future, accept the Shuttle 1T we are in, and come up with a few ideas of where it is practical to go from here.

I do not accept that current managers "would love to be freed from the corporate responsibility for sticking to the script". They are individually responsible forthe mess we are in. Had all of them taken a stand this would not have happened. The first stage of fixing a problem is to admit that there is one. None of the managers you seek to defend appear to be able to do this. So as Ms. Robinson would say: "
You are the weakest link. Goodbye."

You would bemoan the loss of "experience of NERC". Well, perhaps that ain't no bad thing. Fresh ideas are what we NEED, not indoctrinated NERC thinking.

Sorry for the rant, but I put this topic here to look to the future, for people to come up with radical ideas that TAG might actually take on board. I did not put this here to justify the past. The Basic premise is THEY F**ked it up, what can WE do to make OUR future better.

Rant over, soapbox back under stairs.

BEX