PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A positive approach to NERC and the future
Old 17th Aug 2001, 14:50
FlyingPiglet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's A Joke

Come on....this thread is (I thought) supposed to be a New Horizons inspired positive approach to the future. Sacking managers - and presumably the past & present ATCOs/engineers on the project team/NTT - is a bit 'old NATS' isn't it?

I honestly think that if TAG want some answers then they need to let all staff say what they feel and what should be done. But it has to be recognised that the managers and teams you would sack - and those previously sacked - have got a wealth of experience re NERC and would probably love to be freed of corporate responsibility for sticking to the script to say what they personally think should be done to get NERC operational and developed into an efficient traffic-shifting system.

Our new owners need to look at the resources which they now possess and work out how to best deploy them which is the point of this thread (I think).

The Public Relations escape from the 27-Jan-01 O date is to declare NERC ready for operations on that date and elect not to use it on the basis of excessive delays or could actually go live (can still have the press launch showing the FIS's first plane making contact).