PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Magazines - Important - Sales vs. Editorial
Old 25th Nov 2004, 15:11
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those new, I would point out that I was a student at that same school, then became for just 5 months a simple ground instructor (and still a customer, who lost money in the event), with nothing to do with the management. For that to be relevant here, Towers, you have to be suggesting I had something to do with the "silencing" or with the collapse of the school, neither of which was the case, and it is rather unfair for someone in PPRuNe management to hint at that! Until the comment above, I had no idea that anyone had been trying to silence the debate on this site on behalf of the school.

Towers, you cannot come from a result (the lack of critical investigation of commercial flight training) to allege the cause (the lack of independence of the media) without an argument to connect the two. Your post actually argues against your conclusion: you point out that such discussions are published here on PPRuNe as you state, yet still many of the schools advertise with you.

I was not "picking holes". I was pointing out the part of Scameron's argument that does not apply in this sector. Why should it be left to stand when it is clearly wrong, as anyone who reads the aviation glossies regularly must know? It makes the whole thread look ridiculous, and is not a sound basis for a balanced discussion, makes the whole argument look dodgy and reduces its impact. My correction means we now have a basis for a discussion of the issue that is actually the truth. I haven't said anywhere that the aviation press is unbiased, but if we are going to discuss bias we cannot do so meaningfully from a premise that is quite simply wrong!