PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A positive approach to NERC and the future
Old 14th Aug 2001, 03:37
5milesbaby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear All

Bex - cracking idea, but unfortunately no-one seems to have the bottle to put anything yet. That to me shows the state the company is now in, that everyone has a 'fear' of what may happen. The company at management level seems so volatile that anything may occur.

As Scott says, the equipment we are to work with isn't the best. What I have seen so far though is better than what we have now, and any further improvements will come about when we get in and use it, by the complaints that are very likely to happen. I really want it to go ahead as and when, but have no big problems if it gets delayed further. The problems that arise for me though, are that management won't and don't update us on the situation. All I ever hear is rumours that eventually get hammered out on here and no real answers gained. We need some sort of monthly brief that gives us an update on monthly movements, and not like Airway, something that tells us useful things.

As ZIP250 says, the new management really needs to get onto the floor and speak to EVERYlast one of us, to gain a comprehensive train of thought. Who cares if its going to take ages, building Nerc is taking ages too, and who gives a damn? Why has it taken so long? Time isn't a factor, just get all thoughts together. As these things go, doing it on nights only isn't good enough either. Only certain staff are in and at 3am, the last person I wanna talk to is a manager.

I don't actually care if we are told Nerc is a complete f**k up, staffing is low, and its going to be even tougher, I JUST WANT TO KNOWso as I can be prepared mentally and physically. If the management came out and said it, told us how they are going about fixing it, showing how they apprechiate us, then they will also probably find the sickness rates will drop, and everyone will start pitching in more. When I first joined Nats, everyone was happy (ish), and had good words about most things. I have found myself recently questioning myself as to why I joined now, just to try and get that happy vibe back, but it doesn't stay long enough these days to warrant me thinking I have a good job.

I know a few people may not agree with me, but this thread isn't about agreeing, its putting forward what you are thinking and what you would like to happen. No-one talks to management anymore, the union is having a tough ride too, so how else are we to get our personal feelings across. We know this is read by all who care, and we have to start somewhere to try and repair the bridge.

I hpoe this thread can start things off, and I have been and will be thinking hard for more to say, I hope others can join in too,
we own the shares now, so its also partly our company!

Keep posting everyone, 5mb