PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will MY-TRAVEL go Bust ? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2004, 11:24
beardy

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
unwiseowl,

Thank you for that. I do need lessons in how these things work. Could you answer a few questions for me?

Why does the company have more value? There are more shares for the same size of company albeit one with a smaller debt. The company appears to have changed the way it achieves it's goals that is true, but if so why don't the lenders achieve a better return on their loans by accruing interest on them (if the new methods are so good.) Banks are not yet tour operators, will they sell their newly gained shares to recoup the cash or will they sell some of the assets that they will have just gained or are they about to become tour operators? Do they see a profit in this or are they out to minimise losses? If I were a shareholder, with the banks about to join me as such, bearing in mind that my share of the company will have been reduced to 4% of what it was, what should I do?

BTW, are the management shareholders? if so will their share have been reduced by the same proportion that mine would have been?