PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, what's the latest with the 49ers?(Merged).
Old 25th Nov 2004, 10:47
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz
Do a search and you'll find that is exactley what I was saying here at the time, and being very "Robustley" rebuked by the HKAOA. But tell me, was it simply co-incidence that the ban was dropped almost as soon as the SARS crisis hit, with it's associated threat to incumbebt CX pilots.
A number of AOA members were telling the committee the same thing. Yes it was coincidence that the ban was dropped at the same time as SARS. Was the pilot body worried about their job security during SARS? You bet we were, just like every other employee of this company. If the company was going to have to down size it was going to affect everyone not just the pilots. Obviously you are speaking from an outside point of view. Let me just clarify it for you because you obviously have some issues with the AOA, the company at no time threatened us with dismissal if we didn’t drop the recruitment ban. The recruitment ban was dropped at the request of the members so we could start some dialog with the company. Whether this was a good move, only time will tell.