PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2/Channel Express
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2004, 10:21
Jet2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting a bit fed up with reading about "rich daddies" and "rich kids" on here. I'm on the Channex/Jet2 course. Neither of these comments apply to me. What I am is someone very much in debt with the bank but determined to succeed in my lifetime ambition after 2 years of hard work. When I finished ATPL training I didn't have the luxury of taking a stand against having to find yet more money. I am a little wiser than that. There was a 737 job offered to me with a great company, take it or leave it. If I had took a stand, someone next in line would have been rubbing their hands with glee at "my" opportunity. Of course it's tough having to take on the extra financial burden but if flying 737's over Europe for the next few years means a bit longer paying off my loans then great! I didn't do this for the money. There are many airlines that take the costs from your wages. Read the smallprint. I do understand that there is frustration that the market has changed in this way for us but assuming we are individuals with endless amounts of money is far from the truth.

Jet2