PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCO Decision now Excited/scared bout CATC
Old 25th Nov 2004, 09:11
Scotsliveit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holiday thread

Concerning the holiday thread. I'm just wondering what the holiday entitlement of a working ATCO is. That is what their actual annual leave is.

In my job as in most I have 22 days annual leave. I'll then have bank holidays on top of that. There are ways I can get more in my present position but that involves flexi time and flexi days.

I don't know if I've struck a nerve here or something about days off but I take it having four days off before six days on goes a long way to only working 181 days a year.

I'm also showing my age here perhaps but I'm also interested in if there are medical and dental plans etc. I've all ready done the research on the pension. God Mr Serious nowadays is I.

I won't bother starting a new thread then and just see if it's answered here. This would go quite a bit towards understanding the lifestyle of an ATCO. Every ATC'er I've ever met has told me they love their job and get alot of time to indulge their hobbies.

Hi Billy Onions it is so tempting to go down a gear when you've got a date to aim for. June though seems a long way off still, whereas with all the organisation necessary March ain't too for away. Have you actually quit Billy or are you working notice.

I waited a very long time for medical paperwork to come through. I was offered the place in May and just had my Medical in early November. I phoned quite a few times though.

I'd be interested in hearing your background Billy as it sounds very similar to my own as does your excitement about the challanges ahead. Private message me if you fancy.

Last edited by Scotsliveit; 25th Nov 2004 at 10:02.