PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Honey Monster
Thread: Honey Monster
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2004, 20:15
Honey Monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm still plodding along.

For those who do not know, I underwent a 5 hour operation back in April to remove a part of my bladder and part of the ureter that connects it to the right kidney. What was left of the ureter was re-plumbed into another part of the bladder.

Initially there was concern that they might not have got all the cancer.

3 months later I had various x-rays and a cystoscopy where they shove a telescope into the bladder to have a look around. (There is only one way to get it there!) The x-rays did not show any sign of narrowing in the ureter which I hope means that the tumour is not re-growing. The bladder also appeared to be clear.

They are going in with another cystoscopy on 9 December. If all is still clear, they will move subsequent cystoscopys to 6 monthly intervals.

The main problem now is that now my bladder is smaller than before, whenever I go out, I have to plan routes around the locations of public toilets!

Also, I cannot get travel insurance to cover anything that relates to cancer.

After the 3 month check, we decided to pop over to Tobago for a couple of weeks in September to enjoy Hurricane Ivan!

Fortunately, the eye passed just north of Tobago but directly over Grenada which was our alternative destination. More than 90% of the properties on Grenada were damaged or destroyed.

Once again, I am touched by your continuing interest in my well being.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Reg Ford