PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Huey saga set to land in court
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2004, 06:50
Kennel Keeper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddie De Jager alias the Huey 'Kennel Keeper' wishes to make the following statement without hiding behind names:-

Qualifications:

Qualified at Atlas Aviation 1975 as an Airframe & Powerplant mechanic after a legitimate trade test and apprenticeship beginning in 1972.

4 years post apprenticeship training at the expense of the SAAF.

2 years in small commercial aviation before going back to Armscor until 1994 in research and development. Official secrets act prevents any disclosure of work done during my entire career and therefore makes it look as if I came out of the woodwork.

Since 1994 worked as a contractor for various companies under the wary eye of well known inspectors who were happy to sign for my work.

No I do not have an AME licence as I have never had the need for one in a management role. I have always had other people willing to sign my work when required. Luckily I also gathered vast experience in car repairs and panelbeating which certainly fed my family when aviation could not.

Privately I have built many aircraft for various roles all of which were done with a great deal of pride and as a result my workmanship international and local magazines published stories of this work. The Huey is in fact the culmination of one of these projects.

The Huey:-

The Huey was rebuilt exclusively by me at a private field in Johannesburg to the original military spec and the addition of civilian specs.
All the parts were stripped down, inspected and re certified by legitimate organisations .
Parts were only purchased fron NAC or Bell factory authorised suppliers.
Copies of ALL the log cards and maintenance records were obtained and in fact were always available from the original Ethiopian shipment.
CAA in fact have copies of all these records but still like to imply forgery etc.(although I think more of the implication has come from the likes of jealous opposition )

Everybody and I mean everybody has always been more than welcome to come to my workshop at Helibase to look at the Huey project and ask questions including the SACAA.

Oh and by the way I dont even work for Gary anyway so it cant be the for the money. I am passionate about the Huey and any other warbird and will pledge whatever it takes to keep it flying safely, simply to give ordinary people the chance to fly a legend.

FINALLY
I invite all of you to please not be cowards and come and see for yourselves if all you alledge is true.

I also do not agree with some of the things Gary has done and have not been shy to say so. I admit I have had a good fight sometimes to get things done properly.

I also spent my aviation career in an environment where the rest of the world abandoned us to the threat of Soviet agression and learned to make a plan. We south Africans can be proud that we developed aviation and other products which still make the yanks jealous!! So what if we make a plan with local parts. Why should I not rather pay local engineers and suppliers and create employment than support an overpriced american market.
I remind you all that we built the worlds best combat helicopter from LOCAL PARTS we made ourselves. Therefore the ROOIVALK should also be grounded because we made it in a back workshop from local parts???
I am very proudly South African

Email [email protected] if you have the guts to come forward from behind your aliases!