PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2004, 21:20
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tandemrotor
I probably have.
In brief, go ask your mates what the “towel rails” (antennas) are for on HC2s.

I think that it will do you more good to satisfy yourself from your own inquiries than to be presented with info that you snipe at from your existing/past experience.
You have been given the idea, if you can’t get anywhere then I’ll dig it out and post it again sometime in the future.

Fantasy/reality or knowledge/ignorance?

Motive? Believe it or not, I am sincere in saying that I understand your (all of yous’) negative attitudes to the idea of sabotage. There is denial, there is the pride that doesn’t want us to have been bushwhacked, there is the problem of having the ideological rocks we stand on melt away if such an act took place.
My motive is to get to the truth of what happened as a starting point for full justice – I have never believed the pilots to have been at fault and I do not think that they could be blamed for the technicality of their visual judgment being in error if such an instrument had been giving an incorrect reading by deliberate tampering groundside.
Remember (to the RAF blokes as a whole) there were more than the crew on board – those passengers were very special – and they were in your care. You owe it to the people of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to do everything you can to assist in establishing the full truth – not just clearing your colleagues, although I would like to say this:
I personally am probably more disgusted than any of you at the verdict of Gross Negligence because from my viewpoint the idea of blaming the pilots thus would have come from the same level that would have known they were being set up – if sabotage was the case, and I am certain it was.