PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discovery Bay
Thread: Discovery Bay
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2004, 05:53
Techo Taxi Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FM

Well, I don't live there (yet) so it's just what I've picked up. DB seems a fine place to live, everything is very handy. Works 20 mins away, HK is 25 mins by ferry and it seems to be pretty well serviced by shops around the plaza. It's definetly seems to be a place for young familys as there are heaps of baby's todlers and young kids lurking around. I've only looked at one school and that was the DBIS, I was quite impressed with that.

The thing that a lot of people don't seem to like about DB is that there are a heap of Cathay and Dragon pilots living there and people like to be able to get away from work when they get home. As far as I'm concerned, that's a matter of keeping your nose out of other peoples business and don't get involved in all that stupid gossip that is always connected to aviation.

At the end of the day, you'll live where you're comfortable. DB seems to me to be an easy transition to living in HK. The rents are affordable on the CX allowance, and you can always shift later if it's not your cup of tea.

Cheers and good luck
TTD