PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taxi.....Taxi.......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2004, 05:15
notmyC150v2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The lack of taxis at SYD must be relatively new because everytime I've had to get one for a morning meeting from Terminal 3 there was always plenty waiting and the line was virtually nothing. The dual queue idea is very good.

Brisbane on the other hand is an absolute disaster. Even when there are literally dozens of taxis queued up and waiting, because of the rediculous queue system it takes forever to get a cab. One night I got back at 7.30pm and had to wait until 8.15 to get into a cab (the line extended beyond the end of the terminal). There were lots of cabs but they just could not deploy and collect fast enough. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

As for the no stopping rule, why not stop in the freight and business park, near the old international terminal, the GA Viewing area, the Kingsford Smith Memorial or anywhere down the east west arterial on the otherside of the Gway motorway. Let's not forget that very soon there is going to be a whopping shopping centre carpark to sit around in as well.

I agree with the previous posters who don't like the parking on the side of the road. Had one of those hero's pull out in front of me once and thank god it's a dual lane